Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Thanks for your Support on my Dad's Passing

To all our friends who emailed, called, sent a card or flowers - Thank you so much for your words and actions of comfort to us and my family last week after the sudden passing of my dad on 8/2.
We just returned home from Boston after being there a week. It was a difficult week as expected. My mom is having emotional ups and downs, and is at a loss in many different directions, but my brothers, their wives, Tom and I have been trying to help piece things together.
We learned that it's important to make sure your partner has up to date records of all credit cards, bank statements, bills, and insurance. We're now piecing the puzzle together.
Because Tom and I had to return home to Maryland, we needed to help do things as soon as possible, (so my two brothers and their wives wouldn't have to do it all). Tom and I helped fix faucets and electrical stuff, and with clothes, bills, paperwork, books, etc. It has been a whirlwind. My brothers (they live there) are helping finish organizing finances (it's a big job, and I'll likely be flying up soon (not driving as we just did, because it took 11 hours on the trip back) to help with more stuff. Thanks for your prayers, thoughts, notes and more.
**I've NOW Edited the entry I wrote on August 2nd, so it reflects what I read at the funeral home of my dad's viewing**
Love, Rob and Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy