Monday, April 29, 2024

Wonderful Library Experience, Shared Stories & Good Friends to Make a Day Special

On Sat. April 20, I visited the Salisbury, NH library to give my talk about how pets communicate from and the afterlife (based on my 4 “Pets and the Afterlife” series of books). It was an amazing time, and I can’t thank the librarians enough for all the hard work they put into advertising it. There had to be 25-30 people there. Afterward, I had the bonus of meeting a good friend for coffee which made my day.

The Salisbury Free Library is located in one of the three historic one-room schoolhouses in the town, and this one was built in 1887. It was later expanded with a back room added on. It’s located on 641 Old Turnpike Road, Salisbury , NH 03268. It’s in central to northern New Hampshire, north of Concord (the Capital) by about 25 minutes, and it is pretty rural (although there is a Dunkin’ Donuts in the next town).

When I give lectures in libraries, I’m never sure how much of an audience the lecture will draw, so despite Salisbury having a small-town feel, I was really pleasantly surprised with the turnout. It’s important to have many people because everyone has experiences of their own, and I ask them to share. Many people kindly did share.

One woman saw the shadow of her cat in the house after her cat passed. Spirits who cross over will appear as shadows because they don’t have enough energy to show up in full color.
Another attendee told of feeling her cat walk across her bed in spirit. Another heard the bark of her spirit dog in what sounded like another room (it was in the same room, actually, but always sounds distant because it takes a lot of energy).

I noted that sometimes when pets are giving us signs they are ready to pass, they will stop socializing. Others will try to disappear, or leave the house to pass by themselves, knowing that we couldn’t get over seeing them pass before us. That’s their last act of unconditional love.

There were tears, relief, understanding and comfort and that’s why I do what I do (in my spare time!)
***************************************
COFFEE-TIME BONUS! Whenever I'm giving a presentation in a different location, if I'm close enough to a friend I will try to let them know so we can grab a cup of coffee. I'm fortunate that my friends Kevin, Lauren and their son lived not too far from this lecture, so I was able to meet with Kevin afterward. There's nothing like seeing a good friend to make a day special. It was a wonderful weekend, not only for the lecture, and seeing Kevin, but we got to see our good friend Jeff and his dog Myrtle the day before. Friends like Jeff and Kevin are a true gift that make life special.

FOR MORE ABOUT THE LIBRARY- Contact: Jennifer Hoyt . Salisbury Free library Trustee ., Tel.603-608-6862, or on-line at: https://www.salisburynh.org/salisbury-free-library-2

FOR MORE ABOUT MY SERIES OF BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife: How they Communicate from the other side
Learn how pets in spirit have the ability to send signals to the living and wait for us in the afterlife. Rob Gutro, medium, paranormal investigator, scientist, and author of Pets and the Afterlife series (books 1,2,3, and 4) will discuss how to cope with grief after losing a beloved pet. He will identify the signs they give us and the science behind why living pets can sense entities. By the end of the talk, you'll be able to find signs from your pets in spirit. Based on Rob's #1 selling and award-winning series of books, "Pets and the Afterlife."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy