Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Why I quit Twitter - from my author account

 It's well- known that since Elon Musk purchased Twitter, he's invited back a whole slew of Conspiracy theorists who claimed the 2020 election was stolen, so that right there tells me the site will be filled with wackos.  Further, he's already Tweeted out a Conspiracy Theory (totally 100% false) made up by the Republican Party about the attack on Paul Pelosi. I refuse to support and endorse this kind of hateful, incendiary, hate-speech using fool. 



He's also decided to charge for the "Verify" account meaning that all of the users who went through validations are now rendered useless, because anyone can be verified for Cash... and it also adds a charge to Twitter business users (like me). 

For Musk's conspiracy theory tweet GO HERE: Musktweeted and then deleted a link to a story from a widely discredited website that was full of baseless claims about the assault, including that Paul Pelosi met the attacker at a bar. 

Further, the 1,500 people who followed my books on Twitter can find me on other platforms. All the effort I put into Twitter over 10 years brought not much. Tweets rarely received 1 like, or on rare occasion a retweet, so I'm not losing anything - and further, now not supporting an idiot that obviously supported the Insurrection against the government, and is all for promoting his warped right-wing garbage. 

Bottom Line; Bye, Twitter. No loss. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy