Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A Great Mystery: Murder She Wrote: Hooray for Homicide by James Anderson (1985)

The Murder She Wrote series of books (novelizations based on the hit CBS TV show from the 1980s and 1990s) that I knew and love (all 50 plus paperbacks) were written primarily by Donald Bain. I have them all. But recently I discovered another author wrote three paperbacks about the show that preceded the Donald Bain series! 
James Anderson wrote three books in the first "Murder She Wrote" series in 1985. I found one called "Hooray for Homicide." It's actually written in British English, too. It's the second book of three in that first series. This particular book had two different storylines- and two different murders. The first was resolved by the middle of the book and that's when the second storyline and second murder came in. It was an enjoyable read , and I read it in just a few days.  It turns out that this is also a rare book - and hard to find, so good luck finding a copy! 

ABOUT THE BOOK: Jessica Fletcher, a successful New England mystery writer, investigates a millionaire's disappearance at sea and the murder of a Hollywood producer who was working on one of Jessica's novels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy