Wednesday, January 8, 2020

How to Check if Your News Source is Biased

    In the last 10 years there seems to be a lot of new "news" sources out on the Internet. The internet has given anyone the ability to create a "news outlet" and call it that, even if all of the stories are based on someone's opinion. That goes for both the extreme right wing and left wings of politics.
   Recently a friend forwarded a story to me about dogs being "given" to Muslim nations, which I found hard to believe. Well, I decided to check the website, and it's considered "Extreme Right Wing." Which means it IS NOT a news site. Certainly not one to be trusted. (BTW, I'm not being partisan here- I also don't read left wing news, because it's also made up).

HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR NEWS SOURCE IS LEGITMATE? - GO TO THIS WEBSITE: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

ABOUT MEDIA BIAS FACT CHECK.COM: We are the most comprehensive media bias resource on the internet. There are currently 3000+ media sources listed in our database and growing every day. Don’t be fooled by Fake News sources. Use the search feature above (Header) to check the bias of any source. Use name or url.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy