Saturday, June 22, 2019

Super Inpressed by Lyft Drivers in NYC

On Friday, June 7,  I took the Amtrak train to Penn Station in New York City, and I needed to get across the river to Tenafly, New Jersey for a fundraiser. I was the featured speaker for Pet ResQ, an animal rescue based in northern New Jersey. I had never used Lyft before, so I didn't know what to expect, and it was fantastic. I just had to share my experience so that others would know. (This blog also has several pictures I took in NYC from PENN STATION).. Here's the story>>>
   Months ago I uploaded the Lyft app to my phone but didn't ever use it. I did, however, set it up with my credit card, so I could use it quickly if needed. 
    Once my train arrived in New York City I didn't know how long it would take for a Lyft driver to get to me and where I would meet them. Turned out I didn't need to worry. 
    I walked to a corner outside of Penn Station and typed in my destination. Your location automatically fills in when you bring up the app - right down to the names of the streets where you are located. 
   AMAZING INFORMATION - I was totally amazed at the technology. The App provided the approximate amount of waiting time. It showed a small area map and pinpointed where the car was located and moved the car through the map as you watched. It provided the driver's first name and his photo, and a picture of the car (and color of the car) and the license plate. There would be NO WAY to mistake the car you're getting in. 
   COURTEOUS DRIVERS - Altaf was my driver from Penn Station to Tenafly on Friday, June 7 through the crazy, hectic, jammed Rush Hour of New York City. He was so patient. It took about 45 minutes to an hour to get to northern New Jersey- and 20 minutes of that was waiting to get IN the Lincoln Tunnel. Altaf was a great driver, too.
   Yacoub was my driver from Tenafly, NJ back to Penn Station on Saturday morning, June 8. There was very little traffic in comparison, but he was friendly, courteous and a great driver.
    Both men took all the worry out of getting from one place to another and were really awesome.They both deserved and got a good tip from me. What a pleasure!
   The LYFT APP IS AMAZING - There's so much information, and continually updated, too - so you can follow along on the route your driver is taking. Both drivers told me that Lyft uses the WAZE traffic app, so they always know what streets are closed, blocked, or have accidents. *You can also TIP on the App (although I decided to give the drivers cash)*
   I Give LYFT 5 of 5 stars. I would use it again in a moment, and especially in New York City! 







 
   

   

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy