Thursday, August 3, 2017

Home Project! Desk Assembly

Dolly gives Tom a kiss for assembling the desk
Today's blog is about a project for our home office/TV room. Last week I wrote about a home project that we did in the  kitchen. 
  We decided that the desk that I've been using to telework for several years was getting weathered and worn, so we found a new desk. 
Tyler says that Daddy Tom's work passed inspection
  I (Rob) carried the box to the 2nd floor home office space and that was the extent of my contribution. (Yes, I still work out, so I can carry it!). Tom spent a while building the desk and our dogs, Dolly (who gave him a kiss), Franklin and Tyler looked on to ensure he did it correctly. 
Dolly, Franklin and Tyler ensuring the desk is coming together
  Tyler gave Tom's work a passing grade.
    The work space I'm in is small, but because it's upstairs, it's bright so it's the perfect place for a desk. We have skylights in the ceiling and windows on two other sides. It's really a cool corner of a room to work in because
Franklin found the desk comfortable, too!
there's so much natural light. 

   It's always nice to have a new desk. Franklin agreed with that sentiment, because as soon as we put it in place, he crawled under it and took a nap!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy