Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Entertaining Mystery: Occult and Battery by Lena Gregory

I (Rob) recently read an entertaining mystery called "Occult and Battery' by Lena Gregory. I hadn't
heard of the author and since its one of 2 books in the "Bay Island Psychic Mystery" series I bought it (especially as a medium).
   I enjoyed the book and the characters were likeable and well developed. I especially liked Bee, a gay best friend to the main character, Cass Donovan. Cass' other best friend Stephanie is married to a police officer, which made solving the mystery easier.   The story was good and kept you guessing with a twist at the end.
  The only thing I didn't care for is that Cass was "acting" like a psychic and wasn't one. She was a former psychologist who used her human studies to "read" people. That didn't sit well with me, since I personally have helped people with messages from people and pets on the other side, and I don't make things up or try and figure out what people want to hear. Other than that, I would recommend it, and I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Book Overview (from Barnes and Noble)
 A murder mystery weekend becomes a little too real in the latest Bay Island Psychic Mystery from the author of Death at First Sight—
   Cass Donovan uses her skills as a former psychiatrist to get away with pretending to be psychic, but she’s not about to let anyone get away with murder...
   The outlook is not so good for Cass’s psychic shop, Mystical Musings. With winter winds discouraging tourists from riding the ferry from Long Island to Bay Island, Cass hopes to draw in more customers by hosting a murder mystery weekend, complete with a séance, in a supposedly haunted mansion.

   But Cass begins to lose her spirit when her ex-husband shows up, along with his fiancée—Cass’s ex-best friend. Then, after one of the guests is found dead, a blizzard blows in, trapping everyone inside with a murderer. Now Cass must divine who did the deed before her reputation and her livelihood fade away.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy