Since most people have no idea what bills are being produced and suggested by the politicians they elected, we decided to take a look at some of the biggest impact bills put up by Republicans in this blog.
SUMMARY OF THESE: Repeal the Endangered Species Act, Shut down the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Remove Federal Funds from Public Schools and make Private School Vouchers Clarify the role of podiatrists in the Department of Veterans Affairs and ONE beneficial bill (from a NY Republican): adult day health care services for veterans.
Republican Bills YOU Need to Know About
FIND THE BILLS CONGRESS IS WORKING ON HERE: https://www.congress.gov/
1) Republicans Launch Attempt To Repeal Endangered Species Act
On Feb. 15, 2017 Senate Republicans held a hearing to find out how best to repeal the Endangered Species Act. Republican lawmakers have wanted to “modernize” the Endangered Species Act for years, mainly on the basis that the laws protecting the habitats of various species are inhibiting the potential for drilling, mining, and land development across America.
2) To Eliminate the U.S. EPA
5. H.R.861 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)
To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
Sponsor: Rep. Gaetz, Matt [R-FL-1] (Introduced 02/03/2017) Cosponsors: (3)
Committees: House - Energy and Commerce, Agriculture, Transportation and Infrastructure, Science, Space, and Technology
3) Eliminate Programs under the U.S. EPA
. H.R.958 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)
To eliminate certain programs of the Environmental Protection Agency, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep. Johnson, Sam [R-TX-3] (Introduced 02/07/2017) Cosponsors: (0)
Committees: House - Energy and Commerce, Transportation and Infrastructure, Agriculture, Science, Space, and Technology
4) Republican Bill to Remove Federal Funds from Public Schools and make Private School Vouchers H.R.610 - To distribute Federal funds for elementary and secondary education in the form of vouchers for eligible students and to repeal a certain rule relating to nutrition standards in schools. 115th Congress Sponsor: Rep. King, Steve [R-IA-4] (Introduced 01/23/2017)
WHAT IT DOES: This bill repeals the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 a
The bill establishes an education voucher program, through which each state shall distribute block grant funds among local educational agencies (LEAs) based on the number of eligible children within each LEA's geographical area. From these amounts, each LEA shall: (1) distribute a portion of funds to parents who elect to enroll their child in a private school or to home-school their child, and (2) do so in a manner that ensures that such payments will be used for appropriate educational expenses.
Here's the link to the bill itself: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/610
5) WHAT??? 43. H.R.1058 — To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the role of podiatrists in the Department of Veterans Affairs. Sponsor: Rep. Wenstrup, Brad R. [R-OH-2] (Introduced 02/14/2017)
6) AND one good one: 96. H.R.1005 improve the provision of adult day health care services for veterans.— 115th Congress (2017-2018)
To amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the provision of adult day health care services for veterans. Sponsor: Rep. Zeldin, Lee M. [R-NY-1] (Introduced 02/13/2017
TOMORROW'S BLOG: bills proposed by Democrats.