Wednesday, December 10, 2014

All I Want for Christmas... is a new Crowned Tooth!?!

A surprise crown
If you're like me (Rob) whenever I go to the dentist, something that you think is very minor becomes something major.
Such was the case yesterday.
    About three weeks ago, a tiny little "chip" came off a tooth, and it didn't hurt (and still didn't today) or bother me, but food kept getting caught in between that and a tooth next to it. So, I went to the dentist!
   After an xray or two, my dentist (who is great and painless, and someone I've been going to for 14 years) told me that it was part of a filling that chipped out. Then came the rest of the story. "It's a pretty large filling," she said. I told her "they're all large fillings - so what does that mean?"
Rob in the chair with a 'Crown molding"
  The answer was fill it and see if it would hold, or bite the bullet and get a crown on the tooth (because there's so much filling, it could be fragile). So, because I really, really don't want to deal with it again, I opted to be "crowned." The procedure wasn't too bad - it took about 2 hours. The only thing that hurt was my TMJ (which conveniently is on the side of my mouth the tooth is located on).
   I walked out with a temporary crown, and realized that my christmas present to myself is a costly tooth crown.
Thaaaaat's great.


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy