Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dolly Parton Embraces a Better Day

Dolly Parton will always be my (Rob) favorite singer and entertainer.
- She just released a new CD, which I'm anxious to get. You can see more about it here:
Dolly Parton Embraces a Better Day

In a recent interview, this question and answer really hit me as one of the reasons I have such respect for Dolly. She really taught me how to look at life. She reveals how she sees life in this answer:
Having listened to your music since I was a little girl, I've always admired your positivity. How do you remain so optimistic?

Parton: I was born with a happy heart, and I try to keep a good attitude. It's not true that I'm happy all the time because nobody is, and we all go through our things. As I often say, I'm a songwriter, so I have to live with my feelings on my sleeve and leave my heart soft enough to be able to feel enough stuff to write songs about. I just try to look for the good in things. When I wake up, I expect things to be good. If they're not, then I try to set about trying to make them as good as I can 'cause I know I'm gonna have to live that day anyway. So why not try to make the most of it if you can? Somedays, they pan out a little better than others, but you still gotta always just try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy