Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aquaman at the Baltimore Comic-Convention!


On Sunday, I (Rob) went to the Baltimore annual comic-convention while Tom stayed home and did stuff around the house (it's not his thing). So, I met our friend (also named Tom) and we shopped the convention floor getting good bargains on comic books, graphic novels, and figurines of superheroes (our friend collects them). After a quick sandwich, and Rob changed into his Aquaman outfit we were back for the 1pm costume contest. There were over 150 contestants!! It was a long process, so after I walked in front of the judges (2 1/2 hours later), my friend and I left. At that point I didn't care if I won anything- BUT, the entire couple of hours as Aquaman was awesome! I got my picture taken with a woman dressed as Hawkgirl; then with a couple dressed as "Batman Beyond" (from the future) and Batwoman; a muscle-bound trojan soldier; and Dr. Strange! It was fun. While waiting in line for the contest, I talked a lot to a guy dressed up as the Batman villian Two-Face, and 6 foot 5 guy in a Superman outfit.
When we left the convention, people on the street had called out "Aquaman!" and beeped their horns, too. Fun day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy