As an author I attend paranormal conferences to speak about my books and sell them. I recently attended one in that was a total financial disaster, but there were three highlights. That's today's blog.
The paranormal conference was held in August in southern New Hampshire. There are always fees to save a table (Usually its between $75 and $150) and this one was $230.00. There was also a promise it was going to have large attendance, up to 1,000 people. It did not.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSE - Because it's a good distance from where I live, and I packed my vehicle the night before, and on the morning of the conference drove from 7 am to arrive and set up. Because It ended at 5pm, I knew it would be a long day and driving back at night would not be safe, so I booked a hotel for another $120.
WHO CAME? Only about 30 people that showed up. That's all. I sold 6 books, including two to a fellow vendor (for a profit of only $30 (leaving $320 in the red). The vendor next to me sold one item of jewelry and they are also retired, so the financial hit was tough on them, too.
MY 2:15pm PETS AND THE AFTERLIFE LECTURE - One lone woman sat to hear my talk, and it wound up being a one-on-one. It worked out well for her because she was able to acknowledge some signs she had already been receiving, but dismissed. So, fortunately, it was healing for her.
HIGHLIGHT #1 - I met a cool guy who may develop his psychic gift, and since there was no one attending the event, he sat with me and we talked for about 90 minutes.
HIGHLIGHT #2 AND SIGN FROM MY TYLER -
The second highlight was meeting little 12 year old Freddy, a long-haired black and tan Dachshund that his mom brought into the conference in a carry bag.I spoke with Freddy's mom for about 30 minutes. Again, no one else was there.
Immediately he reminded me of our Tyler who passed almost 1 year to the day (July 29, 2025). Freddy was the only dog anyone brought into the event. Now I know that I was supposed to be there at the event, so Tyler would send me a sign around the anniversary of his passing.
HIGHLIGHT #3 - Old friends are always a highlight, and no matter how grim a situation may be, they always brighten it. That's what Candace and Derick Fedders did. We talked with each other for about an hour (because no one was there). They are known as the "Paraclauses" because they dress as Santa and Mrs. Claus on paranormal investigations wherever there are children. She's a medium, and he's a tech expert.
WHAT HAPPENED? After promises of a big crowd, it came down to promotions and advertising. There was virtually none except for the vendors promoting it on their own pages- and that only goes so far. I told a couple of people about it, and they came. I posted it all over my social media book pages, but few people that follow me live in the area. **There was one 12 inch by 8 inch sign at the hotel driveway (easy to miss), which was off the main road. Nothing on the Main road. Nothing on the highway exit. No ad in a local newspaper. Nothing on the local Patch.com Events page. Zero.
MEETING 2 MORE OLD FRIENDS - I met 2 friends for dinner at a haunted building. My friend Jim, a fellow scientist, whom I've known for 30 years, and my friend Amy, who manages the Nashua "Hunt Memorial Library" of which I co-authored the book "Haunting of Hunt Memorial Library" with Monique Toosoon, after we had a crazy paranormal investigation there.
We decided to have dinner at Fody's in the haunted Tavern Building, located across the street from the Hunt Memorial Library. The Hunt Library sits atop the original spot of the Tavern Building. The Tavern building was moved to its present spot in 1901 so the library could be built. Learn MORE in "Haunting of Hunt Memorial Library" by Rob Gutro and Monique Toosoon.




No comments:
Post a Comment