This week's book of the week is about DC Comics in the 1980s, and chronicles many of the comic books published before the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" storyline changed everything.
This is a good overview of DC Comics of theearly to mid-80s. The book includes comics from all genres in the early to mid 80s: Western, Superheroes, Aviation, Fantasy, War, Mystery, Humor/Satire, Horror & Sci-Fi or Suspense, Adventure and Military. There's also writer and artist commentary throughout the book. It's a great look at DC Comics of the 1980s and was enjoyable to read. I used to have many of those comics, before I moved out of my parents' house... and unfortunately had to give them away because I couldn't move them. Now, I'm trying to buy many of them back!
Collects: Action Comics 583, Flash 296-298, Super Friends 36, Superman 423, Wonder Woman 311-312, DC Comics Presents Ann. 1, Detective 500, House of Mystery 286, 290, 294-295, Jonah Hex 54-55, Brave and Bold 200, Weird War Tales 93, G.I. Combat 298, Sgt Rock 345, 347, 368, & 387 and others.


No comments:
Post a Comment