Friday, June 9, 2023

Good Trade Paperback: Justice League of America Hereby Elects

As a comics fan, I grew up reading the Justice League of America in the 1970s and 1980s, when the team was at it's peak (in my opinion). I always enjoyed reading the stories where the team elected a new hero, and the graphic novel "Justice League of America Hereby Elects" trade paperback includes most of them. Today's blog is my review of the collection.



    Here are my thoughts:   It was a pretty good collection of classic stories, but I was really disappointed that 4 Elected heroes were not featured. Oddly, there was one hero included who refused membership included in a 2-part story. The stories feature Green Arrow, Black Canary, Elongated Man, Red Tornado, Hawkgirl, Zatanna, and Black Lightning. 

    I couldn't figure out why the Black Lightning 2-part story was included, because he rejected membership. 

    DC Comics should have included the stories of Hawkman, the Atom, the Phantom Stranger and Firestorm! 

     The Atom joined in JLA #14, Hawkman in #31, Phantom Stranger in #103, and Firestorm in #179. Including those 4 stories instead of the rejection by Black Lightning would have made the collection much better. Regardless, it was good to read them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy