Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Well-Done Graphic Novel: Batman & Superman: World's Finest

 I've been collecting comics since 1974, but during the 1990s when I went back to school part time for my third degree, I couldn't afford them. During that time, in 1999, there was a limited 10 issue series about the first meeting between Superman and Batman and then 9 other stories of each year afterward when they got together on that same date. 

  The stories are well written by Karl Kessel, and the history of DC Comics is interwoven nicely (although the art could be a little better). One of the best stories within was from one issue where Superman takes Batman into his hometown of Smallville after Jason's (Robin II) death. 

  I had the good fortune to find the entire 10-issue series in a trade paperback collection and enjoyed it.  If you like either character, I highly recommend it! - Rob



Batman & Superman: World's Finest  (1999) Collection

ABOUT THE BOOK: When Batman and Superman first met ten years ago, the man they were trying to protect was killed due to their lack of teamwork. Now, on the anniversary of his death every year, the two heroes come together to share a little of each other's worlds and learn a little humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy