Thursday, July 11, 2019

Blog 1 - Don't put Trash in Recycling! (Idiots) - Here's what is NOT recyclable

This morning while walking the dogs, I found a newspaper on the street and went to put it into someone's recycle bin. Fortunately, today is recycling day. So, being a good citizen, I opened the nearest bin to toss in the newspaper. Inside it was filled with FOOD WASTE, PLASTIC BAGS and STYROFOAM EGG CARTONS. All things that should NEVER go in recyclables.  
    Is it any wonder that the recycle industry is having difficulty with people who can't follow SIMPLE instructions?  
    Damn, There's even a HUGE label on top of the large blue bin that says "THESE ARE NOT RECYCLABLE" and "NO FOOD WASTE" . 
   WHAT DID I DO?  After returning home with the dogs, I wrote the resident a note that those things are NOT recyclable and drove back to their house and left the note. I also affixed a HUGE Sign on the bin that said "THIS IS TRASH" to prevent the recycle folks from picking it up. 
   I'm tired of stupid people.






Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy