Sunday, June 12, 2016

Italy Trip #1-Getting There: Check-in Confusion

Tom and Rob trying to figure out Delta's Ticketing system
Welcome to the first blog of our trip to Italy!  We took the trip in May and have been organizing pictures with the San Gimignano Montepulciano,Siena Sorrento, Rome, Pompeii and Naples. Several of the towns you likely never heard of were visited on the road driving between Florence and Rome.
  I (Rob) kept a journal as we toured around. 
   Getting there was an "adventure." First, I was on week #3 of sinusitis that wouldn't quit (and brought all the meds with me). I had a backpack of kleenex, decongestant, water bottle, saline rinse, inhaler and trash bag over the entire 11 day trip - and now I'm on week #7 of the same sinusitis.
   THE AIRPORT AND FLIGHTS - Our flights were through Delta to JFK airport in New York, then on Air France from NYC to Paris. Then from Paris to Venice.
   DELTA'S BIZARRE TICKETING - Upon check in, we had our confirmation numbers, passports and luggage - so we stood in the line and waited to check bags and get boarding passes. Once at the desk, the Delta employee said "You need to go back in the other line and check in at the kiosks far to my left and then go back in line and I'll check you in."    WHAAAT?!?!  She was about to let us NOT check in and go stand in 2 more lines when she realized we were Not Happy. So she gave in and issued our boarding passes and checked the luggage.     Apparently, you have to stand in TWO lines whenever you check in at Delta. How absolutely ridiculous. How inefficient.

NEXT: Airport Insanity

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy