Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Salute to my Brother/Mayoral Race

The primaries for the mayoral race in Massachusetts has ended, and despite an amazing effort, my brother Doug wound up just 3% shy of being in the run-off for November. He was one of 4 candidates (which included the mayor currently in office). A former mayor who ecided to run again was the candidate who made the run-off against the current mayor.

Doug went on the air to a local radio program and gave his reaction and what he's doing next. He has a lot more class that I will ever have. He's a very educated man and an eloquent speaker.
Here's Doug's 8 minute radio interview, Post-Election
http://www.qatv.org/audio/AMQuincy/mayoral-candidate-doug-gutro-september-25-2015

As I said before- I am SO proud of my brother Doug for running a great campaign for Mayor of our hometown. Sadly, he missed out on being one of the 2 mayoral candidates by a tiny margin. If only people that voted for the others would've learned about all he accomplished in public service as a Ward 5 councilor for 14 years- they ALL would have voted for him. I've never seen a city councilor care more for their city and for the people who live in the city. * Doug ALWAYS made time to address every concern and helped people nights, weekends and holidays even taking precious time away from his family. * In my opinion, Quincy just suffered a massive loss for moving forward. Doug's love for the city and passion is unmatched. I only hope that people in office will learn from Doug.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy