Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cloning a Dog Doesn't Bring Its Spirit Back

(Photo: My beloved late pup, Buzz Wyatt from 2004)

FLORIDA COUPLE CLONES BELOVED DOG FOR $155,000
FULL STORY: http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/01/29/cloned.dog/index.html
I just read this headline on CNN, and people just don't understand how life, spirits and personalities work. I wish I could tell them.
Although I understand the grief after witnessing my first puppy (Buzz Wyatt) being killed by a car in front of me when the leash opened, when a dog's spirit moves on, just like a humans, it doesn't come back. Another spirit takes over.
Cloning pets and expecting the same personality and behavior is like cloning people. They'll never be the same person. Further, it's each individual's life experience and environments that help shape their behavior. The people who spent all this money to clone their late dog doesn't understand that they won't be able to duplicate everything they did with the original dog. Dogs all have individual spirits and personalities, just like people. These folks don't understand that this dog will not behave exactly like their late dog.
They should' have given the $155K to a shelter and adopted a dog that's been living without love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy