Tuesday, April 22, 2008

House Selling- MORE Unreasonable Demands!

I thought that we heard the last of the demands from the buyers of my townhouse last Friday, after we sent the termite company out that I hired in 2003 to reinspect the property for termites. They did, and confirmed in a written report that the few termite "tunnels" were leftovers from the 2003 termites that had been treated and obliterated. The company, C&M, also provided the Buyer with a One Year Warranty, that should termites come back, they would treat the house FREE.
Tonight, my realtor called and said "The buyer and their realtor said they want the house treated anyway (and have me spend $500)." They said "The warranty isn't good enough."
I think this is totally getting out of hand. My realtor, Jeff S., a really nice guy, told me that he'll bring in a 3rd company tomorrow to inspect for current termites. If they believe the house is free of them, then we're good with the C&M report (I hope). If they differ in opinion, then I need to cough up another $500.
What I DON'T UNDERSTAND is- with a 1 year warranty, isn't that good enough for the buyer? It would certainly be good enough for me. I didn't even get that when I originally bought it!
What do these greedy people hope to gain? Why do they want me to keep spending money on frivolous things to third parties? If I didn't have to do the termite thing by law, I'd tell them to get lost.
As it is, both Jeff (my realtor) and I agree that we will close on the house in separate rooms from them and their realtor. Otherwise, both Jeff and I would be giving them a piece of our minds. I really, really hate selfish, greedy, uncooperative people. Regardless, WHATEVER THEY REAP, THEY SHALL SOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy