Tuesday, May 31, 2022

EnjoyedL Essential Marvel Team-Up, Vol.1, Trade Paperback

Recently, I bought and enjoyed the (almost) 500 pager collection of the first 24 issued of Marvel Team Up. It's a now out-of-print trade paperback collection from 2006 called "Essential Marvel Team-Up, Vol.1."

Back in the 1970s and 1980s there was a comic book series called Marvel Team Up.  It featured Spiderman teaming up with another hero for adventures (that sometimes carried into 2 or more issues). Marvel mirrored DC Comics' "Brave and the Bold" comic that featured Batman, and both achieved a lot of success. 

You know how sometimes you remember something being really great and then you read it or watch it years later and say, "it was okay." Well, that's how I felt with these. I'm glad I re-read them, but they were just okay. 

This collection features Spiderman team-ups with the Human Torch, Ka-Zar, Black Panther, Dr. Strange,  Brother Voodoo, Mr. Fantastic, Ghost Rider and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy