Wednesday, April 6, 2022

2 Passings: John Kies Jr and Richard Feldhaus

 At the end of March, one day apart, two dear people who I loved passed away. One was my friend John, whom I've known for 27 years. The other was Jeff's dad, Richard (Dick). Today's blog is about them. 




John - I've known John for 27 years, and we've been there for each other through a lot- especially early on. John passed on March 28, 2022.

    Back in the 1990s, I will always remember his piano playing at a Catholic church in Tennessee where he was the pianist and I was in the choir. We developed an instant friendship, and we learned our birthdates are 2 days apart. We always said that it made sense we would become such great friends. I will always treasure his heart-wrenching rendition of a Michael W Smith song at the church that brought everyone to tears (including me). 

(Photo: John at the piano, his favorite place).
    We had many nights at his house playing piano singing 80s songs, too. In Tennessee, he invited me to stay with him for a week when I was between places and needed a place to go. 

     He survived cancer several times, and never lost hope. 
     I visited him in Virginia Beach and we enjoyed walks on the beach - and so much more. John has a huge place in my heart and always will.

***********************
(Photo: Dad F in Maine with Jeff's dog, Myrtle. Credit: Jeff F)

"Dad F" Richard (Dick) - "Dad F" passed suddenly on March 29.  I met Jeff's dad, Richard and mom, Ann, in 1999, and I've always called him "Dad F" and Ann, "Mom F."  

   Back in 2007(?), I drove up to Mass. and Maine with Dolly visited them and Dolly posed for a picture with them.  Tom and I spent some time with Dad and Mom F in 2009 when they came to Maryland and we took a boat tour from Annapolis with Jeff.  When we visited Maine in 2009, we enjoyed time together in Mom and Dad F's hometown. 

  We always connected (remotely) during the holidays, and he will be deeply missed. 
   I've always known him to be quiet, with a low voice- I can still hear his voice in my head, and know that he will always be around Jeff. 
  Jeff's dad brought a quiet strength wherever he went, and that quiet strength will continue to be around those he loved.

(Photo right): Dad and Mom F.) 
*************************
The world is a little less warm without John and Dad F today but we will keep their memories warm and remember the love we shared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy