Monday, November 22, 2021

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB PAGE - Built a New Book Website After an On-line Disaster

I am absolutely NOT a webmaster or a computer guy in any sense of the word. On Sunday evening, November 21st, I learned that my 12-year-old blog (ghosts and spirits) hosted by Google's blogspot, was removed and censored (Why I still don't know), I had to act fast.. and 24 hours later, I'm proud to say I built a new web page.

MY WAY TO RECONSTRUCT AND REPLACE IT - Fortunately, back in 2014, my friend Douglas C.gave me the gift of linking from the Go Daddy web service to my blog- using www.robgutro.com and www.petspirits.com as a redirect to the Blogspot page. If you don't know what a redirect means, its that if you put in "Petspirits.com" it brings you to the (now defunct) blogspot blog. I knew that since I've been paying Go Daddy for the redirect over 7 years that they also hosted webpages for a fee. So, I went on-line immediately and saw how to create one.

Again, I am all self-taught, and it's time-consuming and challenging (especially when Sunday night I was going to spend 4 hours doing medium readings). In 2 hours I built the basics of a new website- and you'll find it at www.robgutro.com or www.petspirits.com (the latter just redirects you to www.robgutro.com).

STILL ADDING TO IT - Since ALL of my appearances, Videos, links to podcasts and web interviews have been wiped out, along with over 1 year of advanced blogs I have written, I have to start from scratch and try to piece everything together. It's a lot of work.

HERE'S THE NEW WEBSITE PAGE - How do you like it?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy