Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Watched DVD: Batman Return of the Caped Crusaders

In 2016, before Adam West passed, he (reprising his role as Batman,  Burt Ward (reprising his role as
Robin) and Julie Newmar (as Catwoman) all voiced over a new animated 75 minute movie called "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders." As a fan of the Batman 66-68 live action TV series I (Rob) had to buy this and watch it!
- I will say that the animations are well done, and the movie features the appearance of the villains Catwoman, Joker, Penguin and Riddler as they appeared on the show. There's even Alfred and Aunt Harriet, Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara. The voice casting was brilliant as all of the actors who played the villains (other than Catwoman) have passed away, and the actors who portrayed them sounded very much like the original TV actors.
   The story was 78 minutes, and could have been 40 minutes long... the movie dragged to me. There were some good one liners, and the writers really made extra effort to make it campy like the 60s TV show, citing things like using a crosswalk as a good crimefighter to set examples.
   It's worth watching and renting, but I don't think I'll watch it again. - Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy