Saturday, October 1, 2016

Worst Airline EVER: Spirit Airlines - Won't Donate credits to Veterans

Found this online. Apparently others feel the same way
Recently I had to cancel an airline reservation with Spirit Airlines. It would have been the first time we would fly them - and we will NEVER fly them after this experience. The bad experience left me with a partial credit we can't use and they wouldn't even donate it to veterans.
   I learned that once you book a fare, you have 24 hours to cancel the reservation. So, if you book 8 months ahead as I stupidly did, you're screwed. The fees they charge for cancellation include $180 just because, and all the baggage fees you pay ($71)
  *BTW- you have to PAY for each bag checked.**
  WORSE- you have to pay for carry on bags, too! It's the only airline where you have to do that.  
  They said "you have 60 days to fly from the cancellation date (and then we take the rest of your money)." 
Wow. No partial refunds. 
I wasn't even looking for a full refund, however, I WAS expecting at least a 50% refund.  
I should have read the "policies" before I even thought about it.  
SO, it was a $568 lesson. 
Another meme I found on-line!
     **The Veteran part - After steaming, I emailed Spirit Customer Service and asked if they would donate the credit to a veteran who could use it to visit his / her family, or someone in need. The reply was: "the fare is only good for the person it was booked for." So, NO. They  just want the cash and won't even help someone who needs it, despite having all that money from us. Horrible, horrible, horrible airline. How they stay in business, we have no idea. 






Booking Date Friday, April 15, 2016

ASSISTANCE FREE SPIRIT #






Purchase Price
Payment $568.16

Cancellation Charge -$180.00

Non-refundable Carrier Charges -$71.96
Spoilage Fee -$71.96
Credits
Type Valid Thru Amount
Reservation Credit November 26, 2016 $316.20

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy