Monday, April 7, 2014

A Great Deed: Supermarket Rescuer!

Last Friday, our friend John traveled from NYC to stay with us for a book event he did in Annapolis
 (I'll get to that tomorrow). I picked John up at the train station and we stopped at the Giant Foods grocery store so I could get a few things that he likes. During the check out, I requested $40 extra cash back. I went and bagged the groceries as I looked around for John. He came back over as I finished bagging the groceries, then I went back and took the receipt leaving the cash in the dispenser (Yes, I got distracted, and yes, I'm old).
  So, we left the store and went to the comic book store (Third Eye Comics in Annapolis, the best comic book store, ever) who was organizing his speaking event for the next day. While there, I remembered the cash!!  I checked the Giant supermarket receipt and called the store explaining what self-checkout aisle I used and when I was there. The service rep said that a store clerk (named Cathy I think) from the Pharmacy found the money and turned it into the service desk!!
   I returned to the Giant Foods (at the Festival at Riva Shopping Center, 2323 Forest Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401) and the Service Desk looked at my receipt and returned the $40 to me. So, I left $5 for the person who was honest and turned it in (it was the least I could do). 
  My faith in humanity has been restored from this wonderful act of honesty. I'm sure the people at Giant don't make a lot of money, and this was a wonderful thing to do. I'd like to think it's karma for doing dog rescue. Regardless, whatever you do comes back to you and we should always be considerate of each other. I'm thankful for this nice gesture.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy