Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tooth Trouble and Some Recommendations!

EMERGENCY EXTRACTION - One of my teeth had an old and large filling in it, that has been in there for about a decade or so and I knew (as did my dentist) that it was going to come apart. It had too much filling in it to do a root canal, so it was a matter of time. Thursday morning while eating a poptart (yes, a soft poptart) it broke in half!  I was able to get into an oral surgeon by noon, who gave me nitrous oxide and removed the rest of the tooth.
MY RECOMMENDATION - They also packed in artifical bone (which as painful as it is to heal, I recommend it whenever a tooth is pulled) to maintain the integrity of the jawbone and prevent the nearby teeth from moving. It will prepare for an implant later (it takes months to heal).
ANOTHER RECOMMENDATION: Get nitrous oxide (laughing gas) when getting teeth pulled. I felt no pain and the lights just all spun around like a whirlpool. I didn't feel them packing the gum or stitching it either. It was amazing.
- Unfortunately the pain started when it started healing. Last night, despite Vicadin, I slept 3 hours. Maybe I need to have a Margarita with the Vicadin. That was Tom's recommendation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy