Friday, July 24, 2026

Book of the Week: 5 Stars! The Sigil Murders: A Knight's Chronicle by C.C. Cutts

 Wow. I haven't been this enthusastic about a new book series in a long time. Brand new author C.C. Cutts from the United Kingdom just published his first novel called The Sigil Murders: A Knight's Chronicle, and it's a mystery with some paranormal mixed in, and set in 1889 in York, England!  5 of 5 stars. I really can't wait for his next novel. The characters are fascinating, likeable, and the mystery is gripping. Today's blog is about this incredible book!!

I saw an ad for The Sigil Murders: A Knight's Chronicle come up on Facebook, I think. The cover caught my eye, and so did the title. When I read the book summary I was intrigued and ordered it immediately. I read the entire book in 4 days, which is really fast for me. I carried it everywhere and read what I could when I had a minute. It's THAT good.

The characters are wonderful. Jason Knight is a newspaper reporter in York, and he becomes a contracted investigator of sorts. He's kind to everyone, and has an insider working for him named "Lil Tom." His best friends are Lucy and Tim who manage a tavern. There are also supporting characters in the police force and newspaper, but his love interest, Sarah, helps Jason with his supernatural abilities, and they track down the mysterious murder who leaves sigils on the bodies of his victims.  A sigil is a symbol considered to have magical or symbolic power. 

I'm a medium, paranormal investigator and author, and this author knows the paranormal, how to write captivating characters, and paint the picture of the settings. I also learned quite a bit of "Yorkshire" slang reading the book with the help of a glossary the author included. The slang really made you feel like you were in old York, England. 

I cannot wait for the next in the series. This will leave you wanting more from this author. 

ABOUT THE BOOK: Evil lurks the streets at night, ready to strike down the unsuspecting without mercy to sate its need for bloodlust.

The year is 1889 and a series of strange murders are occurring across York, England.

A killer carves a strange symbol onto the skin of his victims, the meaning of which is unknown and has the local police perplexed and scared.

With nowhere left to turn, they seek out the help of investigative reporter, Jason Knight, known for his ability to help solve the unsolvable.

Unbeknownst to those around him, he has a unique gift that allows him to see events that have happened in the past.

Will these gifts help him solve the murders? Or will they prove to be his burden?

No comments:

Post a Comment